Nashville State's Learning
Support Math (LSM) is an enhanced developmental math program that
prepares students for their own educational goals whether
they involve beginning a program of
study in a field that requires advanced mathematics,
completing a general education
mathematics course, or applying for admission to NSCC nursing
or other programs.
- Students' varying levels of preparation,
math anxieties and diverse learning styles are accommodated.
- Student learning is active and
- On-demand individualized assistance
increases student persistence as well as help instructors
continuously improve the learning activities in the course.
- Receiving immediate feedback on homework
and tests motivates students to persist until they understand the
concepts and allows them to obtain needed diagnostic feedback and
revised study plans.
- Instructors monitor each student's progress
as well as time-on-task.